Anthem Provider Perf Medical Dir - PS 5870 (Any Anthem location or remote) in St. Louis, Missouri
Provider Perf Medical Dir - PS 5870 (Any Anthem location or remote)
Location: North Carolina, United States
Requisition #: PS5870
Post Date: May 15, 2018
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for the provider performance program enterprise wide by persuading physician groups, local markets and medical staff of the value of the program for members improved quality of care, lower cost of services and improved financial reimbursement for providers who are successful in managing quality, access and overall costs.
Responsible for collaborating with providers in a region.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Designs and develops national level interventions leveraging existing tools that will drive performance in value based care.
• Provides expertise, captures and shares best practices across regions to provider partners as well as Anthem medical directors.
• Accountable for achieving performance results in value based care by engaging, influencing and supporting physicians.
• Engages with providers in joint operating committees and builds relationships with clinical leadership of provider collaboration groups.
• Works with the Care Delivery Transformation team to develop and deliver high impact field interventions, supporting content development and practice transformation embedded capabilities improving provider performance.
• Influences and partners with local market medical and financial leadership to ensure appropriate level of focus on performance of providers in the program.
• Collaborates with Provider Enablement leadership team to bring insight, innovation and opportunities that help drive performance.
• Drives strategies around cost of care and analytic tools and reporting
Develops understanding of value based contracts across lines of business in a region.
• Requires M.D. or D.O.;
• Board certification approved by the American Board of Medical Specialties required where applicable to duties being performed.
• Requires active, unrestricted medical license to practice medicine or a health profession.
• Ten years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Approximately 50% travel required.
Please note, we currently have one opening for this position which may be located in any Anthem site location or remote.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran