Anthem Actuarial Analyst (college recruiting) - PS13256 in Norwalk, California
Actuarial Analyst (college recruiting) - PS13256
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS13256
Post Date: Oct 02, 2018
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, developing and validating statistical data. Essential duties to include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Under limited supervision, applies the appropriate actuarial analytical tools to the data and performs preliminary actuarial and statistical analysis.
• Updates actuarial models as directed.
• Collects and refines appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy, in addition to identifying and resolving errors.
• Ability to suggest creative methods to enhance the effectiveness of processes and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
• At least one actuarial exam completed
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong PC skills and good problem-solving skills
• Skilled with Microsoft software such as Excel, Access, Visual Basic and Word
• Knowledge of actuarial and statistical modeling techniques used in actuarial projections
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran