Anthem RVP Specialty Business & Sales Development-PS1366 in Norfolk, Virginia
Responsible for Specialty (Dental, Vision, Life & Disability) Small Group distribution and retention results through telephonic and broker driven activity. Oversight for end to end for Small Group sales and implementation. Lead team of Sales Directors and Support Managers tied to sales, membership and operational goals. Will need to collaborate with multiple layers and departments in a matrix environment.
* Financial and strategic planning, market messaging, goal setting, budget management and financial results.
* Must have strong knowledge of broker and General Agent distribution methods in addition to telephonic sales processes.
* Sales leadership and financial acumen critical to successful performance.
* Understanding of Dental and Vision networks also needed. * Ability to prioritize in a transformative environment. * Reports directly to VP of Specialty Distribution with line of sight to President of Specialty. * Responsible for partnering with both the medical account management and specialty sales executives to determine best prospects for upselling specialty products and reach out to those clients brokers to secure quote requests. Identify and target new customer and broker opportunities.
* Primarily In person, generates activity for specialty sales executives and drives opportunities for upselling specialty products. * Develop and leverage new and existing business relationships with broker and internal partners to drive sales activity. * Acts a business proxy for specialty sales executive. * Reviews broker bonus estimates providing by reporting team to ensure accuracy. * Utilizes sales reports and other resources to identify targeted opportunities.
Requires a BA/BS; 8-10 years of experience in management and the employee benefits industry, including understanding of various delivery systems, legislative environment, industry background and trends, and distribution systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Dental, Vision, Life & Disability experience preferred. Telesales/call center sales experience or leadership of, preferred. Sales License required or within 90 days of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: RVP Specialty Business & Sales Development-PS1366
Other Locations: GA-Atlanta, Minnesota
Requisition ID: PS1366