Anthem MS SQL Server Database Administrator II - PS3654 in Norfolk, Virginia
/Your Talent. Our Vision./* At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will *drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for ensuring corporate information needs are met through quality database designs, techniques and practices. Provides technical guidance and leadership to the database administrators in the organization.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Establishes corporate standards for disaster recovery, data retention and database security and monitors industry standards. * Performs project management tasks, including estimation, status reports and scope management. * Determines database requirements for projects and ensures that new systems comply with database strategies. * Provides implementation and ongoing support. * Translates detailed design into physical database structures and performs database testing. Builds and supports required database test environments. * Provides technical expertise in troubleshooting and DBMS configuration. * Provides after hours production support as required
- Requires BS/BA degree in computer science or information systems or related field; 10 or more years of information systems experience including 10 or more years of database administration experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Expert business, technical design and database administration knowledge required.
- Demonstrates a mastery of cutting edge technologies to leverage when making strategic decisions.
- Strategic thinking and ability to prioritize tasks to meet the business needs required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Expert knowledge of DBMS and admin tools, performance and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of industry standard DBA tools and database access methods.
- Proficiency implementing new DBMS features and functionality preferred.
Technical Skills:· * Must have experience on MS SQL Server * Must have extensive experience performance tuning SQL * Must have experience troubleshooting MS SQL issues * Must have experience in SSIS * NetApp storage experience is a nice to have * Health care experience is a nice to have * Teradata experience is a nice to have /Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 C//Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./ _ _
Job Information Technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: MS SQL Server Database Administrator II - PS3654
Requisition ID: PS3654