Anthem Dir Data Science #PS1123 in Norfolk, Virginia
/ Your Talent. Our Vision. / At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Thought Leader to lead a team of Data Scientist that will engaged in research, development and implementation methodological design as well as strategy in payment model valuations.
Responsible for the following:
· Design & execution of current and future models that combine new aspects of insurance benefit design.
· Data valuation of payment models to address specific business problems determined by consultation with business partners.
· Provide guidance to the team on working with data-sets of varying degrees of size and complexity including both structured and unstructured data.
· Piping and processing massive data-streams in distributed computing environments to facilitate analysis. Lead batch and real-time model scoring to drive actions.
· Oversee development of data valuations and algorithms to build customized solutions that go beyond standard industry tools and lead to innovative solutions.
· Develop and communicate sophisticated visualization of analysis output for business users.
· Publish results and address constraints/limitations with business partners.
· Provides high level controllership/evaluation of all output produced to ensure established targets are met.
· Determines the continuous improvement opportunities of current predictive modeling algorithms.
· Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost and other variables.
· Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Requires MA/MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Physics, Biostatistics or related Quantitative disciplines. 7 years experience in predictive analytics and advanced expertise with software such as Python, R, SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalent, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. 3 years experience leading advanced modeling teams. Experience working with cross-functional project teams and managing communications including in-person or virtual meetings is required. Experience with presenting project output to a wide range of audience is required. Must demonstrate the ability to influence audience through effective communication skills. PhD and experience in the healthcare sector preferred.
Job Reporting & Data Analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Dir Data Science #PS1123
Requisition ID: PS1123