Anthem Business Development Sales Director-PS20315 in Newbury Park, California
Business Development Sales Director-PS20315
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS20315
Post Date: 1 day ago
HealthCore, Inc./NERI, a health services research firm headquartered in Wilmington, DE, is currently seeking a Business Development Sales Director . Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" evidence to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. HealthCore’s projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
This position may be located either in Wilmington, DE or Watertown, MA but will consider any locations.
The Business Development Sales Director is a dynamic and highly experienced sales professional who will play an integral role in developing and executing HealthCore’s growing Life Sciences Research business to achieve business development strategic objectives, assess and drive generation of new business opportunities, and establish, build, and maintain strong client relationships. You should have direct sales experience in the biopharmaceutical industry,with in-depth knowledge of post- approval pharmaceutical drug research, as well as superiornetworking and communication skills.
Develop, manage, and execute the company’s growing Life Sciences Research business through proactive and directed market evaluation and client sales strategy.
Lead processes for identifying and evaluating external business development strategies for existing accounts and targeted potential clients with focus on consultative selling and execution.
Establish new customer relationships and maintain existing customer relationshipswithin assigned accounts. Identify services of value to existing and potential key client accounts. Collaborate with research operations to ensure client satisfaction with our services.
Accountability for achieving organizational sales goals. Lead efforts to qualify leads and close targeted business opportunities.
Prepare sales reports and lead weekly meetings with business development and research operations to qualify and track leads to achieve organizational financial goals.
Conduct market analyses in the pharmaceutical industry and identify areas of opportunities to increase revenue and to strengthen corporate branding/position, marketing, and sales.
Lead efforts to plan, develop, and produce promotional tools and communication vehicles to support corporate sales efforts and attend and represent HealthCore at industry meetings and conferences.
Collaborate with research teams and research operations and develop business proposals, participate inclient presentations, and facilitate the contracting process.
Sales-based position with travel as appropriate.
Any other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Requires a 4-year college degree in finance, sales, or accounting; MBA preferred.
• Proven professional with 8-10 years of direct sales experience, including identification and validation of strategic business opportunities in the health care industry, as well as the proven ability to bring business transactions to closure. Superior technical and selling knowledge in all areas of the biopharmaceutical industry, with in-depth knowledge of post- approval pharmaceutical drug research.
• Demonstrated ability to listen to clients’ needs, develop solutions to meet their requirements, and convey value to clients.
• Record of superior performance in similar positions within a similar organization to effectively sell and secure post-approval research projects through an ability to effectively communicate internal capabilities to clients.
• Collaborative and innovative with ability to assimilate knowledge and concepts across functional departments. Works in conjunction with business development and research operations for opportunity identification and follow-through.
• Strong problem solving, negotiation, networking, organization, presentation, teamwork, and written and oral communication skills.
• Relocation is not required.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program, including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, paid parking, and an employee stock purchase plan.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
To learn more about us or apply for a position, please visit
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran