Anthem, Inc. BH Case Mgr I in Lubbock, Texas
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare, and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Behavioral Health Case Manager I is responsible for performing telephonic case management within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
Location: Remote - within 1-hour commuting distance to any Amerigroup location in Texas
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Uses appropriate screening criteria, knowledge, and clinical judgment to assess member needs
• Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops care/action plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment
• Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of care/action plan and modifies plan as needed
• Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost-effective care
• Coordinates with internal and external resources and partners/providers to meet the identified needs of the members
• May include fieldwork (75%) in this role. (Temporarily outreach is telephonic only due to the pandemic.)
• MS or MA in social work, counseling, nursing, or a related behavioral health field
• 3 years of clinical experience in social work, counseling with a broad range of experience with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and complex co-morbidities of medical conditions and psychiatric, substance abuse/disorders
• Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in the state of Texas
• Experience or familiarity with Texas IDD Medicaid waivers and coordination of supports for individuals with IDD & related conditions
• Experience using electronic documentation
• Knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, and outlook)
• Experience in case management and telephonic coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/ substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred
• Provider relations work: working with the provider community and community stakeholder groups
• Ability to expedite and resolve issues with superior customer service skills
• Understanding and familiarity with community resources relevant to IDD population, IDD waiver programs, common DME needs and processes for the population
• Experience with application of Person-Centered concepts and tools
• Effective, clear, and collaborative communication across multi-disciplinary and integrated teams
• Time & task prioritization and management - Must be agreeable to do fieldwork (up to 75%) to include visits to homes and provider sites (such as but not limited to hospitals, facilities, day programs, etc)
• (Temporarily outreach is telephonic only due to the pandemic.)
• Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
• Managed Care experience is preferred
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.