Anthem BH Case Manager I - Texas (Austin, El Paso, Grand Prairie, Houston, Lubbock, San Antonio) – PS7513 in Dallas, Texas
BH Case Manager I - Texas (Austin, El Paso, Grand Prairie, Houston, Lubbock, San Antonio) – PS7513
Location: Texas, United States
Requisition #: PS7513
Post Date: Jul 10, 2018
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup , a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care .
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Location: Amerigroup Texas office (Austin, El Paso, Grand Prairie, Houston, Lubbock, San Antonio). Telecommuting from an office location city is allowable after the ideal candidate has successfully completed 90 days.
Behavioral Health Case Manager I
Responsible for performing telephonic case management within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Uses appropriate screening criteria, knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs;
Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment;
Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed;
Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care;
Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
*Field work (75%) is required in this role.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers at http://www.wellpoint.com/careers . EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran
· MS or MA in social work, counseling, nursing or a related behavioral health field
· 3 years clinical experience in social work, counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
· Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW , LMHC, LPC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in state of Texas
· Working with IDD population and/or IDD waivers required
· Experience using electronic documentation
· Knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, and outlook)
· Experience in case management and telephonic coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred
· Coordination of support for individuals with IDD & related conditions
· Provider relations work: working with the provider community and community stakeholder groups;
· Ability to expedite and resolve issues with superior customer service skills;
· Understanding and familiarity with community resources relevant to IDD population, IDD waiver programs, common DME needs and processes for the population; Application of Person-Centered concepts and tools
· Effective, clear, and collaborative communication across multi-disciplinary and integrated teams
· Time & task prioritization and management
· Must be agreeable to do field work (up to 75%) to include visits to homes and provider sites (such as but not limited to hospitals, facilities, day programs, etc)
· Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred