Anthem, Inc. Virtual Care Sr. Director - CareMore & Aspire in Columbus, Ohio
SHIFT: Day Job
CareMore & Aspire Health is an industry leader in care delivery, with a national footprint and a growing team dedicated to serving our patients and customers. Working on our CareMore & Aspire Virtual Care team, the Virtual Care Sr. Director will help lead the development and implementation of virtual care delivery products that deliver the right care at the right time, enhancing access to care and overall patient experience. This role, reporting to the VP of Virtual Care, will manage strategic initiatives and key operating work streams by working directly with leaders, clinicians and frontline staff across the organization to design and develop programs critical to our virtual care delivery model. The role requires domain expertise in healthcare and technology including web, mobile apps, wireless communication, wearable devices, etc. and the ability to manage cross-functional teams to bring ideas into reality, while always prioritizing patient experience first.
This position can work from anywhere in the US where we have an Anthem location.
General tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Develops implements and maintains competitive products and capabilities within the virtual care portfolio.
• Supports the development of short and long-term strategic product plans in support of market, sales and profitability objectives.
• Lead cross-functional teams in developing telemedicine workflows, care delivery programs, and best-practice standards to drive high adoption and compliance.
• Develops system requirements and ROI.
• May lead effort or manage project teams in the implementation of complex companywide initiatives including new product development and strategic technology deployment.
• Lead, coordinate, develop, and implement virtual care strategy to support organizational goals across 5 major modalities: phone, texting, remote patient monitoring, video visits, and patient portal.
• Lead steering groups, including physicians, staff, IT, and other business leaders from key areas, to vet and develop virtual care solutions for clinical use cases.
• Serve as business stakeholder to guide technology development and prioritize features to support virtual care initiatives.
• Partner with IT and vendors to develop enterprise solutions; troubleshoot day-to-day technology problems; identify, evaluate, select, and implement new software and hardware; and support related contracting and RFP processes.
• Develop and manage program KPIs, analysis, and reporting in collaboration with analytics team.
• BA/BS degree.
• 7-10 years of product management experience within the Healthcare or Managed Care industry.
• Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Demonstrated results in three or more of the following areas required: Product Development, Market Strategy, Healthcare delivery, Program Management.
• Experience leading virtual care programs at an integrated health system or large care delivery organization
• Product launch experience with a product comprised of enabling technology and services
• Experience with Agile development methodology, ideally SAFE
• Advanced degree in relevant field – e.g. MBA, MPH, economics, industrial engineering
• Highly motivated professional who will maximize opportunities in a fluid, rapidly developing market
• Comfort working within highly matrixed environments
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.