Anthem Developer II - Norfolk, VA - 133920 in Norfolk, Virginia
Responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops relationships with the business to better understand business requirements.
- Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible enhancements.
- Participates in developing application scope and objectives and preparing functional and/or technical specifications.
- Aids graphic designers and other web team members to better understand and apply the right marketing focused content.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Participates in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system.
- Facilitates small group design sessions or code reviews and participates in vendor evaluation.
Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training and 1 or more years (Developer II); experience on one platform, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Multi database, multi-language or multi business application is preferred.
- Must have healthcare IT experience
- Must have health plan and/or business plan experience
- Proficient with Java EE, particularly JAXRS, JAXWS, EJB, and JPA
- Must have experience creating RESTful web services
- Must have experience consuming both RESTful and SOAP web services
- Proficient with HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficient with AngularJS
- Understanding of design patterns
- Understanding of UX
- DB2 and SQL required EOE.M/F/Disability/Veteran
Job Information Technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Developer II - Norfolk, VA - 133920
Requisition ID: 133920