Anthem Bus Info Consultant - Norfolk, VA - 133219 in Norfolk, Virginia
/Your Talent. Our Vision./At Anthem, Inc.,it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating recommendations and providing guidance to other data analysts.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: * Creates and maintains databases to track business performance. * Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures. * Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies. * Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports. * May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools. * May make recommendations based upon data analysis. * Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers. * Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity.
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field; minimum of 5 years experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required.
- One year experience with submission of Medicaid and Medicare encounter data, using industry standard X12 and NCPDP formats is required.
- Two year’s experience resolving data quality issues with encounter submissions is required.
- Ability to manipulate large sets of data.
- Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- This job is more focused on higher level technical expertise, mentoring staff in lower job levels, more customer facing, higher level of collaboration, work is higher volume and/or higher risk, and modeling as compared to the Bus Info Analyst Sr job.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Reporting & Data Analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Bus Info Consultant - Norfolk, VA - 133219
Requisition ID: 133219