Anthem Developer Sr in Atlanta, Georgia
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Developer Sr. position is responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company’s application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Overview: Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training; with 3 or more years related experience; multi-platform experience, expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Core responsibilities * Hands-on technical team member with exposure and experience in a wide variety of Java technologies with specific expertise in the Spring suite of products. * Support development of complex front-end logic * Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and participates in technical requirements gathering meetings * Full lifecycle software application development understanding and experience * Develops and defines application scope and prepares technical and/or functional specifications as needed * Develop application code, flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions * Performs technical design reviews and code reviews as directed * Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan
Additional responsibilities * Consuming and implementation of RESTful web services, Micro services and event driven architecture * Able to provide direction and coaching to junior colleagues. * Consult with front-end developers and other technical teams in order to ensure success * Application integration
Required education and experience
- Three to Five years’ experience developing software including
- Past development experience and expertise using Spring Data, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud is preferred
- Consumption, creation and design of RESTful APIs
- Object oriented design and domain modeling skills is a must
- Hands-on with exposure and experience in a wide variety of Java/J2EE technologies in an Agile Scrum development environment
- Knowledge of Netflix OSS products and tools is good to have.
- Specific expertise in the spring products (core, boot, integrations, security).
- Knowledge of handling distributed transactions, compensating transactions
- Knowledge of Mongo DB and Spring-data-mongo dB is preferred
- Experience in preparing TDD/BDD, Unit testing, including mocking
- Git, Maven, other CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Experience developing in cloud based virtualized environments is preferred.
- Healthcare experience is preferred
· Strong verbal communication skills, both with colleagues and customers, with diverse cultural backgrounds
· Effective in conveying ideas and messages, both formally and informally, clearly, concisely and accurately.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran
Job Information Technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Developer Sr
Requisition ID: 134492